“Venom” Gets December Home Release! Sony Knows About Symbrock!
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has announced the home video release for the surprising blockbuster comic book hit Venom. You will be able to watch Symbrock to your heart’s content on Digital December 11, 2018, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD on December 18. The Rom-Com trailer released by Sony makes it obvious they know about Symbrock and the studio is okay with it!
Venom being such a huge success took everyone by surprise. As of now, the Tom Hardy-starring film has grossed more than $826 million against an approximate production budget of $116 million. With the upcoming home release, the film will continue to rake in cash.
You can own Venom on Digital December 11, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD on December 18. Directed by Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland), the cast includes Michelle Williams (The Greatest Showman), Riz Ahmed (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Jenny Slate (Zootopia) and Woody Harrelson (Zombieland, The Hunger Games franchise) along with Hardy.
Here’s the description:
Venom tells the evolution story of Marvel’s most enigmatic, complex and badass character Venom! Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is a broken man after he loses everything including his job and fiancee. Just when his life is at its lowest, he becomes host to an alien symbiote which results in extraordinary superpowers – transforming him into Venom. Will these powers be enough for this new lethal protector to defeat great evil forces, especially against the far stronger and more weaponized symbiote rival, Riot?
Venom is directed by Ruben Fleischer and written by Jeff Pinkner & Scott Rosenberg and Kelly Marcel. The film is produced by Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal.
The Bonus Materials Include:
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini-documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek
If you visit Tumblr, you might have fallen across some Symbrock content. It is the ship name for Eddie and the Venom Symbiote.
I like how Sony is aware of Symbrock and is willing to play along by releasing the trailer below!
I need to get my ears checked because I thought Venom said “You did, Daddy,” instead of “You did, Eddie,” and I almost spat out my drink.
Also, while it is a nice gesture from Sony, I hope the studio knows what it is doing. Fandoms don’t take kindly to queerbaiting. Let’s see what happens in a Venom sequel.
Are you a fan of Venom? Are you a Symbrock shipper? Let us know.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary