Baby Yoda Merchandise Watch: Update #11: New Hasbro Toy!
The new Baby Yoda Hasbro toy is a delightful little animatronic version of the child, which comes with a Mythosaur pendant. It’s absolutely adorable.
To the surprise of almost everyone that’s been following Baby Yoda merch news, this new Hasbro toy is only $60. This seems like a remarkably good deal considering some stuff, such as the Sideshow figure announced a few weeks ago, are several hundred dollar each. I predict this will be a more popular toy option due to its affordability. You’ll be getting pretty good bang for your buck with this one.
He sleeps. He blinks. He uses the Force. And he steals your heart.
Oh my gosh. This is absolutely adorable on many levels. The movements look fairly smooth and the doll itself seems really detailed.
And honestly, the necklace is a pretty good bonus for the product as well. I’d probably personally steal that from the poor child and wear it myself. And then I’ll promptly be hunted down by Nanny IG-11 and killed for stealing from the kid, but you know, totally worth it. That necklace is awesome. Give it to me now.
The official product description reads as follows:
He may look like “Baby Yoda,” but this lovable creature is called The Child — and now you can become his protector with this animatronic toy from Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Touching the top of The Child Animatronic Edition’s head activates over 25 sound and motion combinations, including happy and excited sounds, giggles, babbles, and more, all while the figure’s head moves up and down, ears move back and forth, and eyes open and close.
Magic in the details
- Star Wars The Child Animatronic Edition with over 25 sound and motion combinations
- Boys and girls ages 4 and up can pretend to harness the power of the Force as The Child toy closes its eyes, raises its arm, and sighs as if exerting a great amount of energy.
- Series inspired sounds: Touch the top of The Child Animatronic Edition’s head to activate sound effects inspired by Star Wars: The Mandalorian, including happy and excited, giggles and babbles, tired and sleeping, and Force effects sounds
- Animated toy: Features motorized movements, including a head that moves up and down, ears that move back and forth, eyes that open and close, and more
- Force activation: Boys and girls ages 4 and up will love patting The Child Animatronic Edition’s head 3 times for Force activation, in which the animatronic toy will raise its arm, close its eyes, and sigh, as if using the Force
- Force nap: Pretending to channel the Force takes a whole lot of energy and requires a lot of rest. Lay The Child toy down and it will close its eyes and take a “Force nap”
- Includes a removable Mandalorian pendant necklace and premium soft goods robe
Styled after the Disney+ series: The Child Animatronic Edition is inspired by the fan-favorite character from Star Wars: The Mandalorian
It should be noted that this toy isn’t suitable for little kids under three years old due to a choking hazard. But just get your geeky babies this plushie instead. The whole family deserves some Baby Yoda goodness, even if the little ones have to miss out on this particular toy.
The Hasbro toy is available for pre-order with estimated delivery on December 21, 2020. So, it’s just in time for next Christmas! Awesome. Get your Christmas shopping done ten months in advance because why the heck not! We were all bummed we missed out on the merch this year so we’re making up for lost time here.
But word on the street (or rather, according to Gizmodo) says it should be available in most major retailers “in the fall.” You might be able to get it earlier in person. But ‘the fall’ is vague. Technically December 21, 2020, is the last day of fall, so who knows, man.
This is the second set of Hasbro toys we’ve included on our list.
The first set of adorable Hasbro figures was discussed back in December when the show as still airing. Those ones should be out in late May.
We’ll be keeping track of all the major merch releases over on our main Baby Yoda Toys post. You’ll find major merchandise announcements at the bottom of the page. For more casual merchandise updates, give us a follow on Instagram. With the upcoming Toy Fair, I’m sure we’ll have some updates to post over there that might not get a full article!
Author: Angel Wilson
Angel is the admin of The Geekiary and a geek culture commentator. They earned a BA in Film & Digital Media from UC Santa Cruz. They have contributed to various podcasts and webcasts including An Englishman in San Diego, Free to Be Radio, and Genre TV for All. They’ve also written for Friends of Comic Con and is a 2019 Hugo Award winner for contributing fanfic on AO3. They identify as queer.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary