Mixed Realms Ltd has announced an upcoming stylistic roguelike deck builder game called Gordian Quest. The title will feature a “unique blend” of tactical combat, strategic gameplay, and “boisterous” animated heroes.
According to the press release, in Gordian Quest, you will travel through a land full of evil and monsters to challenge a sinister curse that has befallen it. You will be tasked to assemble a team of heroes to complete a variety of missions while trying to strengthen the bonds between team members. Stronger relationships will give rise to unique combo abilities.
The player will have the power to select which attributes to assign to their heroes. Each hero in Gordian Quest possesses unique class skills and playstyles. Players will have to decide how they want to train and upgrade their heroes as well as which weaponry and armor to equip.
The maps and dungeons will be procedurally generated. The game expects you to come up with the best strategy to tackle in-game situations. This title features turn-based gameplay combined with card battling.
Each hero will have their own innate card abilities with varying costs, ranges, and uses. You can add additional cards to hero decks through the crafting mechanic.
The narrative can be impacted through decisions made during side quests and events. The hardcore mode includes the permanent death of characters.
The Key Features of Gordian Quest include:
- Form your party – Choose from six different heroes each with their own unique class, skills, and playstyle.
- Train and equip your heroes – Upgrade and train your heroes and choose which weaponry and enchantments to give them in order to face the battles ahead.
- Collect legendary items – Gather relics throughout your journey which may turn the tide of battle in your favor or stack the odds against you.
- Shape the course of your adventure – Embark on side quests and events and shape the outcome with your decisions.
- Enjoy endless replayability – Procedurally generated maps and dungeons make each playthrough and encounter different from the last.
- Choose your difficulty – Take on hardcore mode for a teeth-gritting permadeath experience or play more casually where death is only a setback.
- Customize your play – Activate shrines that permanently change random areas of the map, multiplying the danger but also the rewards – adding another layer of strategic planning and risk assessment as you traverse the world.
Additional features are planned for the full version. The planned content includes more adventures, more heroes, carryover rewards, and PVP. A special ‘Endless mode’ is also in the works where you can turn gameplay into a perpetual adventure to keep on questing, slaying more monsters and collecting more heroes, skills, relics and weapons.
As for Mixed Realms, it is a Singapore based game development studio focused on developing video games and virtual worlds.
I’m a fan of deck-building combat games. So, you know I’m looking forward to trying out Gordian Quest. I appreciate how the title will include actual character movements during fights.
What is your opinions? Feel free to share your thoughts with us.
Farid has a Double Masters in Psychology and Biotechnology as well as an M.Phil in Molecular Genetics. He is the author of numerous books including Missing in Somerville, and The Game Master of Somerville. He gives us insight into comics, books, TV shows, anime/manga, video games, and movies.
Read our before commenting.
Do not copy our content in whole to other websites. Linkbacks are encouraged.
Copyright © The Geekiary